World Population Day 2014
The THEME for this year’s World Population Day is: “Invest in Young People today, to ensure a Bright Future for Uganda” and the National celebrations were held in Dokolo District at Agwencibange Primary School playgrounds on July 11th 2014.
CPAUG is hosting a Population & Health Youth Summit on23rd Sept. 2014 at Our Lady of Good Counsel-Gayaza with the aim of bringing together 400 participants mainly secondary school students starting at 3:30pm-6pm.
This activity is being carried out in line with the Commonwealth Health Initiative –Uganda 2014-2018 (C-HEALTH) which aims at enhancing civil society participation in advocating for a critical mass towards issues that impend on the country’s socio-economic transformation process from a youth perspective towards the health Sector in Uganda and the EAC in particular and is supported by the GoU through the National Medical Stores (NMS) http://www.nms.go.ug/
Keynote address is to be delivered by the General Manager of the National Medical Stores and the Chief Guest is the Chairman of the Uganda Aids Commission (UAC)
The Purpose of the Youth Summit is to garner support and draw the attention of the youth vis-à-vis the students in secondary schools about the need to engage and have them participate in health & population issues.
I. Aims and Objectives:
- To share information with the students and / or youth about the work of NMS;
- To rally the students in discussing health and population related issues;
- To inform the students about their health responsibilities; and
- To encourage the students in participating in health and population campaigns in and around their school communities;
II. Expected Outcomes:
- At least around 400 students would have attended the Youth Summit;
- At least 1,000 IEC materials about NMS would have been shared with the students.
- Students would have been informed about their health responsibilities; and
- A report would have been generated and shared with NMS and other key health stakeholders;